Thursday, August 27, 2009

Today was my last day at my old business. It was a sort of a weird day...I only spent a short time answering questions with the new owner. Now I know what "lame duck" is. I didn't tell the clients that I sold the business. They have Alzheimer's and will forget. So it doesn't make sense.

But my nurse and aides and drivers are all sad and I am sad and feel like a traitor. A former client's family member brought in flowers to me and cried and my nurse cried and I feel like crying for the loss. But I am relieved to be able to sell and move on to a new vocation.

I met with a woman tonight to apply for a volunteer job, but declined after I heard how hard-driving she is. I don't want that. I want a pleasant, fun volunteer job, maybe two days a week doing something joyful. Its so weird seeing these overly ambitious types and not relating anymore. Am I just old and spent or relaxed and wise?

Tomorrow we leave for a 4 day trip to Brooklyn to help my son move. We are staying at Baisley House in Carroll Gardens, Brooklyn. I love Brooklyn, so I am looking forward to it!

No comments:

Post a Comment