I still have three more weeks until I am completely free from my commitment to "the old business". Today was a day from double-hell. A really nasty lady, with whom I was following up with (a potential customer) told me to stop "harrassing" her and two of our clients (we care for elders with dementia) were beyond agitated today. People just don't know what a heroic job we do with these folks. Then I contacted another potential customer, and she had decided against us for the big-corporate-mega-center with a gazillion rooms and 40+ patients...thinking it was a better environment for her husband (who has AD). Oh my God! Don't people know how agitating large crowds are for people with Alzheimer's?? Its like those people who choose Nursing Homes because they have chandeliers and pseudo-oriental rugs and think they are getting top of the line. What they don't know is that the people that work there get paid shit and have a similar shitty work ethic. So that the owners can AFFORD the chandeliers and the stupid rug.
I am so glad that I am getting out of this business. I love the clients but I can't stand the ignorance of these caregivers who think that bigger is better!
So now I think I'll just go and drink heavily (not really).
Note to self...choose a new career that delivers me from people who can't figure out the obvious!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment