Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Today is the day that I spend at my mothers. She is still sleeping! That woman can sleep! I have begun researching my next venture and have been studying the retail business. I am really in love with Brooklyn as a location but at this point in the game, I would need to stay closer to home. My first step is to visit various Chambers of Commerce and get demographic and business data, rental data and projected development plans for the areas that I am looking at. I have all day to work on my business plan narrative while I'm here, in between cooking for Mom. Over the weekend we went to Portland, Maine to see the photographs of the 19th century photographer, Julia Cameron. Her works are haunting and melancholy, but so irresistable. She was a friend to such notables as Alfred Tennyson and Lewis Carroll. MOST significantly, is that she began her endeavor when she was 48 years old!' Portland is a really hip city with a nice mix of young and older people. The inn we stayed at was terrible! It was across the street from a paper mill!

One thing I have found out is that commercial real estate peoplr are really bad at getting back to you! In this terrible economy, that is really shocking! Well, it's impossible to type this up on my I phone so I'll end here.

No comments:

Post a Comment